2015 Summer Music Technology Program
Foundation for the Advancement of Music & Education
PRESENTS SUMMER MUSIC TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
Applications are open for FAME’s Summer Music Technology Program, at the beautiful, state-of-the-art and friendly atmosphere of our partner the University of Maryland College Park School of Music, 2110 Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center. This no-cost program is designed for Prince George’s County MD students entering grades 8 through 12.
Each student is given ample opportunities to:
- Explore cutting edge recording software, i.e. Pro Tools, Sibelius & Garage Band
- Experiment with music composition
- Learn about and prepare for education and career opportunities in music
- Develop proficiency in computer technology
- Produce finished CD and MP3 files to share digitally and publish online
- Enjoy Master Classes with recording artists, engineers and producers
- Learn proper use of social media and other online tools
Applicants must submit a nomination form from a music teacher, and each selected student will receive full scholarship and a certificate of completion. The program culminates with a showcase of students’ creative projects.
9:00am – 4:00pm daily: Week A: July 6 -10, 2015 Or Week B: July 13 -17, 2015
Registration deadline: March 31, 2015
or Call 301.805.5358
CLICK HERE FOR:
- Summer Music Technology Camp Video
- Event Flyer (pdf)
- Apply Online: HERE
- Application Form (pdf)
- Teacher Nomination form (pdf)
This program made possible in part by funding from: Prince George’s County Community Partnership Grant; Prince George’s County Council Members: Andrea Harrison (District 5), Derrick Leon Davis (District 6), Obie Patterson (District 8) and Mel Franklin (District 9); and United Way of the National Capital Area.