2015 Beats Books & Hooks Summer Program
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”1″ gal_title=”beatsbooks15″]
Application closes Friday, April 24, 2015.
PROGRAM DATES (9 days):
June 26, 2015 – Song Writing Workshop at Bowie State University Fine & Performing Arts Center;
June 29 – July 2 and July 6 – 9, 2015 at Oxon Hill High School.
Enjoy a unique summer music and education program that strengthens academic performance using music as a basis for engagement. This program is designed for students entering grades 8 through 12. Students will have the opportunity to:
• Explore cutting edge recording software, i.e. Pro Tools, Sibelius & Garage Band
• Enjoy a Songwriter’s workshop conducted by a Grammy nominated National Recording Artist
• Participate in master classes, lectures and demonstrations
• Develop proficiency in computer technology
• Produce finished CD and MP3 files to share digitally and publish online
• Be introduced to Financial Literacy
• Prepare a college portfolio
• Participate in a mock music audition
• Learn proper use of social media and other online tools, and Much More!
Click here for the Flyer
Click here for the Nomination Form